Dental treatments are unavoidable. In fact, regular checkups can help to keep your teeth and mouth healthy and this means overall better health. Dental treatments can be of two types. One is the regular treatment everyone is so used to at most of the dental clinics around the country. Then there is a new breed of holistic dental Donvale clinics that go a step further and such holistic approach could be life changing.
Traditional dental treatments
Traditional allopathic treatment is based on treating the condition while ignoring the overall balance within the body and underlying causes. This is, in a way, a myopic measure since the same situation can recur.
• For instance, if you go to a dentist for regular teeth cleaning and whitening, you do get whitened teeth but if you have a habit of drinking too much tea or coffee or if you consume medicines that all are responsible for discolorations, this aspect is rarely addressed. It is different at holistic dental Donvale clinic where your caring dentist also considers these underlying factors.
• Stress could be one of several reasons why teeth fall out but dentist rarely delve into them. For them the problem staring them in the face is a tooth that needs extraction and replacement and that is what they do. Holistic dental Donvale clinics also address stress or other underlying causes and prevent other teeth from falling out.
• Gastro-intestinal problems could be a reason for gum disease and gum disease can be a cause for cardiovascular issues. For the normal dentist the solution is to simply carry out gums treatment while ignoring the larger picture.
Teeth are not just teeth to be treated in isolation. They form part of your body and its spiritual-physical state. Holistic dental Donvale clinics address the whole, not just the part.
How holistic makes a difference
• Improper lifestyle may be responsible for a variety of dental and oral conditions but the solution is not in just treating the teeth and gums. Holistic dentistry approaches your body and your psyche as a unity to be considered for treatment. This means you receive guidance on proper lifestyles, avoiding certain things and developing certain habits. Your teeth and gums improve but so does your overall health and wellness with holistic dental Donvale treatments.
• You are a person, not a patient, when a holistic dentist treats you. As a concerned and caring dentist he will examine your entire lifestyle and your physical and also mental health to arrive at a healing method to bring about overall wellness.
• Holistic, in one sense, also means use of materials that have no adverse impact on human health or environment. This means your holistic dentist does not make use of mercury amalgams or possibly carcinogens like BPA for fillings, crowns and veneers.
You will certainly appreciate the loving care and warm attention at holistic dental Donvale clinic. Their concern for your health motivates you to adopt a better holistic lifestyle too.